An agreement has been reached to allow Irama to continue in Sanremo with a pre-recorded performance of his song.
Irama will be competing in the second night of the Festival di Sanremo 2021 this evening. The singer had been at risk of being disqualified from the competition after a member of his team tested positive for COVID-19. It has been confirmed that the record companies have agreed Irama can remain in the contest with a pre-recorded performance.
The rules for Sanremo 2021 had stated that if an act or their team tested positive for COVID-19 they would be forced to withdraw from the competition. This afternoon the other twenty five acts in the Campioni category and their record labels were consulted to enable a rule change, which permits the use of a pre-recorded performance.
The running order this evening is as follows:
- Orietta Berti – “Quando ti sei innamorato” (When You Fell In Love)
- Bugo – “E invece sì” (Instead Yes)Gaia – “Cuore amaro” (Bitter Heart)
- Gaia – “Cuora amaro” (Bitter heart)
- Lo Stato Sociale – “Combat Pop”
- Ermal Meta – “Un milione di cose da dirti” (A Million Things to Tell You)
- Malika Ayane – “Ti piaci così” (You Like Yourself Like That)
- Extraliscio feat. Davide Toffolo – “Bianca luce nera” (White black light)
- La Rappresentante di Lista – “Amare” (To Love)
- Random – “Torno a te” (I Come Back to You)
- Fulminacci – “Santa Marinella”
- Willie Peyote – “Mai dire mai (La locura)” (Never Say Never (The Madness))
- Gio Evan – “Arnica”
- Irama – “La genesi del tuo colore” (The Genesis of Your Colour)
The results of the second night of the competition will be determined entirely by a demoscopic jury. The demoscopic jury is formed of music fans who have been selected by Ipsos to vote on this evenings show, they will be voting from their own homes. At the end of the evening an initial ranking of the twenty six artists will be announced.
You can watch the competition live from 20:30 CET via Eurovoix.tv
Image Source: Reutir